Just as Orpheus' voice has the power to bring the world back in sync in Hadestown, we have the power to help demand and build a sustainable future.
Hadestown and the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), a leading environmental organization, are coming together to raise awareness, bring a greater sense of urgency, and push for action on the issue of climate change. The effects of climate change—rising sea levels, historic storms, destructive fires and floods, severe droughts—are real, and people all over the world are feeling the repercussions right now. Together, Hadestown and NRDC are helping take climate action beyond the stage to educate audiences and encourage people to join NRDC in the fight against the greatest environmental challenge of our time.
For information on how to help fight climate change, join NRDC.
Below are some quick, easy actions recommended by NRDC experts that you can do right now to make a difference.
- Eat less meat and more leftovers.
- Swap your old lightbulbs for LEDs.
- Trim 3 minutes off your daily shower.
- Turn off devices when not in use.
- Skip single-use plastics like plastic bags, straws, and containers.
- Compost food scraps and yard waste.
- Run your dishwasher only when full.
- Reuse and recycle.
- Walk or ride your bike.
- For even more ways to combat climate change, click here.
Individual actions ignite larger movements of change. We can all help make a difference in the fight against climate change and its threats. Get involved by joining NRDC or text HADESTOWN to 21333 to receive information from NRDC on how you can take action in your community.